Can you help us create a warm welcome?August 12, 2019
Caretaker vacancyNovember 15, 2019
Experience incredible arts and culture at the click of a button and save money too. There are heaps of shows, events, exhibitions, workshops, gigs, talks, plays and thousands of discounted tickets and offers up for grabs in the Bristol and Bath 24-hour culture flash sale from 10am tomorrow (Thursday 5 September).
Take a punt on something new, grab a bargain and beat the end of summer holiday blues with a barrow-load of amazing deals.
The Flash Sale has become a phenomenon in Bristol and Bath, which this time sees an unprecedented 30+ organisations from across the two cities offer culture fans amazing discounts.
We are offering £2 off tickets to 6 events including; Harold and Maude indoor film screening, The Witching Hour by Don’t Go into the Cellar, Classic Cemetery Tour in November, Wreath of Festive Frights, Coco indoor screening and What We Do in the Shadows outdoor film screening
Other selected highlights include…
- SS Great Britain – 10% off The Sleepy Ship tickets at Brunel’s SS Great Britain in September and October. Spend the night on board the ship, experience the night sky in a planetarium and hear stories from the Captain!
- We The Curious– 20% off tickets to Planetarium Nights adult planetarium show and Planetarium Sounds: In the Steps of Apollo 3D
- Tobacco Factory Theatres – Fantastic discounts and up to 25% off on tickets for a range of productions and events at Tobacco Factory Theatres, including offers on Opera Project’s The Barber of Seville and Christmas fairy tale, Snow White.
- Colston Hall – 30% off over 20 Colston Hall Presents shows at venues across the city including contemporary dance piece Puzzlecreature, plus incredible bands The Album Leaf, KOKOKO! and Sinkane
- Bristol Old Vic – 20% off tickets to selected shows including A Christmas Carol, Pride and Prejudice* (*sort of) and
- St George’s Bristol – 25% off over 40 events including legendary guitarist John Williams with his Six Hands Trio, rising star of British Jazz Elliott Galvin, Bristol Keyboard Festival events and the Brodsky Quartet with 2012 BBC Young Musician winner Laura Van der Heijden.
- Bristol Hippodrome – £20 tickets to Dick Whittington Pantomime on selected dates
- Bristol SU Live, Anson Rooms – Save &3 with a £10 ticket to Dan Cruickshank: A Histroy of Architecture in 100 Buidlings and £2 off tickets to stand up comedy show Basile: The Greek Spice Boy Cometh
- Knowle West Media Centre – Get crafty with 10% off sessions to learn how to make your own laser-cut jewellery, plus book a £5 ticket for We Can Make Chat Show: Live and get a free set limited edition set of art postcards
- Spike Island – Exhibition preview and Prosecco for £1 on 27 September, plus 25% off exhibition catalogues and artists’ books
- Arnoflini – 25% off selected Arnolfini events. Expect fiery feminist performance, brain-stretching artist talks, and creative workshops (for those who like to get their hands dirty!).
- In Between Time – 10% off passes to the In Between Time Summit – a new kind of gathering to imagine a better future through art, plus £5 off tickets to Summit events UNWANTED and SINGLET
- Bristol Festival of Ideas – 50% off talks including Susan Neiman – Confronting Race and the Memory of Evil, Lewis Hyde – A Primer for Forgetting: Getting Past the Past and Hazel Carby – Imperial Intimacies: A Tale of Two Islands
- RWA – 50% off standard admission to the 167th Annual Open Exhibition and the exhibition’s Tuesday Tour, plus 10% off workshops including Portraits in Oil, Drawing the Coast, and a host of other offers
- Bristol Museum and Art Gallery – 30% off adult tickets to the Natural Selection exhibition finale and the Natural Selection exhibition catalogue
- M Shed – 30% off adult tickets to Aardman: Animating Early Man exhibition
- The Bristol Improv Theatre – 25% off This Is Your Musical, 30% off Bish Bosh Bash and 30% off Murder, She Didn’t Fright plus more
- Bristol Old Vic Theatre School – 20% off tickets to Earthquakes in London, performed in Bristol Old Vic’s Weston theatre
- Redgrave Theatre – Up to 25% off tickets to shows including Movie Concert: Koyaanisqatsi, ABBA: I Have a Dream and £15 tickets to Jay Rayner: My Last Supper
- Insane Root Theatre Company – £3 off limited number of tickets to Rumpelstiltskin at The New Room
- The New Room, John Wesley’s Chapel – 2-4-1 tickets to Jane Duffus Talk: Even More Women Who Built Bristol, plus 25% off Folk at The New Room shows from Alden Patterson + Dashwood and Dana+ Susan Robinson
- 1532 Performing Arts Venue – £2 off tickets to poetry event I Wish I Was a Mountain and the superhero-fantasy-epic theatre show Nightshifter
- Royal Photographic Society – Deals on 5 exhibitions and events, including 25% off Last Stop Coney Island: The life and photography of Harold Feinstein and Director Q+A.
- Bath Festivals – a whopping 50% off limited number of tickets to shows including The World of Judith Kerr, Konnie Juq and Chris Ryan, plus 25% off selected Bath Children’s Literature Festival events
- Fashion Museum Bath – £35.50 tickets to the Jane Austen Fashion Tea, normally priced £45
- The Edge – Free book and popcorn when booking for The Little Prince Show and Workshop, plus £10 off Life Drawing Evening Course
- Bath Spa Productions – 50% off all shows in the autumn season
- Theatre Royal Bath – Save up to £10 and get the best seats for £25 to Posh starring Tyger Drew-Honey
- Rondo Theatre – 25% off tickets to seven events including Maisie Adam: Hang Fire, Trick or Tease: The Halloween Burlesque and My Father the Tantric Masseur
- Wiltshire Music Centre – 50% off 20 shows including Alex Hitchcock Quartet, Royal Ballet’s Nutcracker and London Sinfonietta’s Family Concert
- Komedia – 2-4-1 tickets to Sh*t-Faced Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Sindhu Vee and Trevor Nelson’s Soul Nation plus a host of other deals
- Natural Theatre Company – 10% off Natural Theatre Adult School Classes led by industry professionals
- Bath Box Office – A whole heap of great offers, see the website for details
- American Museum and Gardens – 6 free tickets to Garden Grooves up for grabs
For a full list of organisations taking part and links to all available offers, go to the Visit Bristol website at www.visitbristol.co.uk/flashsale. All the deals are also listed on www.visitbath.co.uk and www.gobathbristol.com. Keep up with the latest on the day using the hashtag #CultureFlashSale on Twitter.
The Culture Flash Sale takes place for 24 hours only on Thursday 5 September 2019. Offers are limited – once they’re gone, they’re gone – so act fast. This is the 11th edition of the sale which aims to stimulate interest and sales in cultural events across the region.
The Culture Flash Sale is co-ordinated by the Bristol Arts Marketing Network in co-operation with Bristol and Bath Cultural Destinations Project, Visit Bristol and Visit Bath.