Due to our continued growth as an award winning heritage attraction and venue, we’re looking to hire a full-time caretaker to join us at Arnos Vale and help us to maintain our buildings during the week and at weekends as we continue to add to our public events schedule
We’re looking for someone with bags of enthusiasm and the passion to maintain the Grade II listed buildings alongside the service excellence we pride ourselves on at Arnos Vale during the actvities we run.
To apply please send us a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Monday December 5th
Job Title: Caretaker
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Tuesday to Saturday, although this may vary due to operational needs.
Main Purpose of Post:
• To respond efficiently to the need for basic general maintenance and cleanliness throughout the Cemetery including its buildings and help deliver the building maintenance plan.
• To prepare buildings ready for event hire to meet customer needs and work collaboratively with our catering partners.
• To build good relationships with all users of the Cemetery to facilitate smooth running of the Cemetery and a positive visitor experience.
• To respond to other duties as required by the Estate Manger
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To prepare and set up rooms and site ready for events and private hire. Clear away after the events in a timely manner and turn round ready for the next event. This will include moving furniture, setting up equipment, cleaning, site signage and car parking arrangements.
2. Keep the public buildings and general offices in good, clean working order including: daily toilet cleaning, regular floor cleaning, recycling and rubbish clearance, general cleaning duties as agreed with line manager.
3. As official Gatekeeper responsible for the maintenance and safe operation of front gates.
4. To share responsibilities in accordance with the Rota for opening and closing the Cemetery site to the public.
5. To carry out regular compliance inspections and check systems are in good working order, including emergency lighting, fire systems, CCTV, water temperature testing. Liaise with contractors carrying out specialist work.
6. Carry out general DIY and maintenance as required such as painting, decorating, replacing light bulbs, minor repairs.
7. Be aware of health and safety issues and comply with the Health and Safety Policy for the site and buildings and report any non compliance immediately to the Estates Manager .
8. To assist in handling enquiries and assist in handling inappropriate behavior from the public, taking full account of the sensitivity of the services and ensuring that the Trusts Customer Care and Complaints Policies are implemented.
9. To ensure that tools and equipment are maintained and stored appropriately to meet operational and health and safety requirements.
10. Carry out all duties in accordance with the Policies of the AVCT and immediately report all non compliances to your Line Manager.
1. This job description only contains the principle accountabilities relating to this post, and does not describe in detail all the duties required to be carried out.
2. Duties must be carried out in line with the commitment of the AVCT to encourage equal opportunities and environmental sustainability.
3. Ensure that the output and quality of work is of a high standard and meets current “best practice” standards of the sector.
4. Work in a way that contributes to the continuous improvement of the quality of the service being delivered.
5. To be willing to work outside in all weather conditions.
6. Abide by current Health and Safety regulations and work in a way that is consistent with AVCT’s health and safety policy and procedures to meet current legislation, regulations, codes of conduct, procedures and policies of the AVCT.
7. Be aware of and follow the requirements laid down by the relevant inspection and statutory bodies.
8. All employees have a responsibility for their own safety and must not endanger the safety of colleagues / visitors in the workplace. They must ensure that safe working practices are adopted and a safe working environment maintained in the work areas they are responsible for.
9. To attend staff meetings as required, negotiate and work towards targets and deadlines agreed with the Line Manager.
10. To participate in staff supervision sessions and employee development reviews as required.
11. To undertake such other tasks as may reasonably be required commensurate with the grading and nature of the post.