Arnos Vale is a national heritage cemetery in the heart of Bristol set within a 45-acre woodland ecosystem and boasting 3 stunning venues including central Bristol’s only licenced outdoor woodland venue. We are looking for an exceptional individual to join us as a Wedding Coordinator and help us continue to develop our fantastic wedding offer at one of Bristol’s most breathtaking and exciting venues.
This position is a full time, permanent position, 37.5hrs working 5 days out of 7. This will involve regular weekend and evening working where weddings require.
Salary in the Region of £20K per annum.
Closing Date Midday Wednesday October 18th
Please send a CV and cover letter to Mike Coe – email@example.com
The Ideal candidate will:
• Have an engaging, exciting and friendly manner
• Be highly organised and efficient
• Use initiative
• Be flexible
• Have excellent attention to detail
• Be self motivated
• Have excellent communication skills
• Work well independently as well as being a great team player
• Have excellent administration skills
• Have a full understanding of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of event CRM an advantage
• Be fluent in written and spoken English to enable effective communication with staff and guests alike
• Previous experience within the wedding, conference and events function/hotel environment would be preferable.
• Ensuring all wedding enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
• Pipeline and database tracking/follow up of wedding prospects
• Up selling of wedding services to increase wedding margin
• Produce a preferred supplier list
• Produce monthly wedding reports
• Meeting potential wedding customers and conducting ‘show rounds’.
• Discussing customers’ requirements and what we can offer, including menus, wines, drinks, special requirements in conjunction with our catering partner.
• Drawing up formal quotes for weddings
• Contract Meetings – Agreeing all the details of a wedding and confirming the contract with them
• Gathering feedback and producing an event report for each wedding to improve development
• Be available on during all planned weddings
• Manage and update social networks, including Facebook and Twitter
• Attending wedding fairs to promote the venue where agreed
• Organising a minimum of 1 wedding fayre per year
• Distributing wedding marketing material internally and externally
• Maintaining accurate wedding records of customers, sales and enquiries, and tracking forms
• Maintaining wedding records so that sales conversion rates and other statistics can be monitored and measured monthly
• Ensuring that all the correct documentation is in place and that the planning sheets are accurate and include all relevant information