A new garden in Arnos Vale Cemetery for our communityJuly 3, 2019
24hr Culture Flash Sale returns to Bristol and BathAugust 21, 2019
We’re on the search for an exceptional individual to join us as a Shop Manager. Could you be the right person to help develop our shop and commercial activity?
Arnos Vale is a special place which people love to visit, some say it casts a spell.
We are an uplifting site of culture, history, nature, wellbeing, events and memories. This is an exciting new role and you will work with the whole team to enrich our future. We’d love to find someone who is as excited as we are by the potential of this place at the heart of the community.
For you, it’s the chance to get in at the start. We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and lead by example. You will run our onsite shop; providing excellent, friendly and consistent customer service to our visitors, ensuring a fantastic welcome, in this face to face role. You’ll have the passion and leadership skills to motivate our wonderful team of volunteers. You’ll be commercially aware, driven, well organised and hands-on to maximise profits, generate stock, and help us raise funds. Initially you’ll be working with a retail expert to develop shop lines and displays.
Your working week:
The shop is open 7 days a week, so you will need to be able to work flexibly. Working 5 days a week 9:45-16:15 on an agreed rota including weekends.
You will run our onsite shop; providing excellent, friendly and consistent customer service to our visitors, ensuring a fantastic welcome. You will have the passion and leadership skills to motivate our wonderful team of volunteers. You will be commercially aware, driven, well organised and hands-on to maximise profits, generate stock, and help us raise valuable funds. Initially you’ll be working with a retail expert to develop shop lines and displays.
No two days will be the same. As a charity we have a range of visitors on site. With 2 indoor venues, one outdoor and 45 acres of grounds, there are a range of challenges and opportunities. We’re a small team, so we all help each other out. If you are the kind of person who enjoys being on the shop floor, has an interest in displays and driving sales through great customer service, whilst knowing that your work helps to raise a smile every day – this is the job for you!
Key Responsibilities include:
- Helping to oversee and manage all shop volunteers
- Opening and closing the shop and covering reception when necessary
- You will be responsible for, recruiting, training and managing our effective team of volunteers
- You will organise volunteer rotas and allocate duties to ensure expected levels of service operational needs are met
- Achieve and exceed agreed targets by delivering effective pricing, stock rotation
- Demonstrate a good understanding of all stock lines, ensuring adequate stock levels always
- Produce regular sales reports
What we’re looking for:
- We’re looking for an individual who is highly self-motivated, positive and resilient and who has previous retail and customer service experience ideally in a cultural environment
- Someone who has experience of working with and motivating a team of volunteers
- A strong communicator with excellent organisational skills
- You’ll have the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of people and be able to work well on own initiative
What you’ll get
This rewarding role comes with a salary of £18,500 pro rata (£14,800) with pension and the opportunity to develop your career and make your mark.
30 hours per week. The days will vary between weeks but will be agreed in advance
25 days holiday pro rata plus bank holidays
We have loads of opportunities for training and we’d love to help you develop your skills
For more info click below:
Deadline is 23:00 on Tuesday 8th October
Expected interview dates week commencing 21st October